It’s been 7.5 years since I’ve had legit caramel that doesn’t make me get sick. YEARS. And caramel is one of my ultimate favorite things. Why on earth did I not figure this out sooner?! Make this immediately. I scoured the interwebs and figured out my own way to make this dairy free caramel and, of course, it’s #alittlelesstoxic
- Get a can of the best ingredient sweetened condensed coconut milk you can find. I just found an organic option on @thrivemarket and you better know I have 4 cans headed my way yesterday.
- Open said can.
- Put the contents into a canning safe glass jar. I used a pint sized wide mouth @ballcanning jar.
- Cover tightly with foil or screw on on the metal seal and ring lid.
- In your @instantpotofficial , add the wire rack. Place the closed jar in the center of the rack.
- Pour water into the instant pot until it covers at least half of the jar.
- Close. Seal. Set to 45 minutes pressure cook on low pressure, if possible.
- Auto or manual release is fine.
- Open the lid and let cool a bit and CAREFULLY remove the jar. Once you’re able to remove the lid, pour out the contents into a bowl.
- Stir in 1 tsp of organic vanilla extract and add a good pinch of fine @redmondrealsalt
Drink immediately or store in the refrigerator to thicken. I don’t know how long this keeps but I have had some after 2 weeks and it was still 👌🏼
Drizzle over ice cream like this @nadamoo vanilla here, yonanas, or coffee, an ice blended matcha…the possibilities are endless. Make sure and tag me so I can learn new things to pour this all over. Please and thanks.
🕰 An untested oven method: condensed coconut milk into an oven safe dish. Cover tightly with foil. That dish into a larger oven safe pan that has an inch or so of water. Bake that sitch at 425° for about an hour and a half.
🕰 An untested stovetop method: leave everything in the sealed can. Remove label. Lay can down in pot and cover completely by a couple inches of water. Bring to boil. Simmer 3-4 hours.
🕰. Slow cooker: same as stovetop but low heat for 8-10 hours.